San Marcos, CA 92078
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
VM Racks, a secure cloud provider, offers a comfortable and enjoyable environment to work. We are in need of a part-time Cybersecurity Compliance Officer with a CISSP to work out of our headquarters located in San Marcos, CA (San Diego metro area). Part-time opportunity.
- Project leader for government and commercial IT-related contracts that require leading weekly progress meetings
- Review GovWin daily looking for sources sought and RFI opportunities
- Fill out security assessments required by various clients in the context of HIPAA regulations
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies, as well as the enforcement of policies within the IT department and throughout the organization, as well as with industry regulations, including HIPAA, NIST, and FISMA (optional)
- Oversee implementation of the company’s information security policies and procedures & monitor compliance among employees, & third parties
- Monitor progress and effectiveness of security controls through continuous reporting and trend evaluation, targeting key areas such as system and application security, vulnerability management and incident response performance.
- Proposes changes to existing policies and procedures based on a risk-based approach to ensure operating efficiency, effective risk mitigation, and regulatory compliance
- Provide security communication, awareness and training for audiences, which may range from front line staff to senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems related field from an accredited non-profit University. Or combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills.
- Comfortable with Government acronyms (experience with government projects)
- CISSP or GSEC or be within 9 months of obtaining one of these two certs.
- At least 2 years of experience preferred as a project team leader
- At least 2 years of experience in answering extensive security assessments
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise operating systems, including Windows & Linux
- Good oral and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient grammar, sentence structure and advanced report writing and technical writing skills.
- Touch type without looking at the keyboard at least 50 WPM
Go to all jobs